Tattoo Removal Melbourne
Regrets… we’ve had a few.
It’s normal over the course of your lifetime to decide that you no longer like one of your tattoos, your attitude towards its meaning has changed, or an artist did poor quality work.
No matter the reason, you are thinking about removing it.
Tattoo removal is safe, relatively painless, and with high-quality technology, extremely successful!
At Sin City, we do more than tattoo: we remove them too!
Tailored Tattoo Removal’s experienced tattoo removalists use state-of-the-art lasers designed to safely and effectively fade and remove your unwanted tattoo. With extensive training in laser safety and tattoo removal, put your trust in our experts.
Organise a FREE consultation and we’ll answer any questions or concerns you may have, and help you understand how we’ll help you achieve the best results for your tattoo, whether you want to fade it in preparation for a quality cover up, or completely remove it.
Our high-performing lasers have the power to remove all colours, and even the darkest of pigmented tattoos.
Why choose Tailored Tattoo Removal?
- Medical-grade lasers
- Clean and sterile environment
- Genuine care to ensure your comfort and confidence
- Laser-trained experts
- Friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable
- Transparent and down-to-earth team of experts
We’re not like other laser clinics: we’re covered in tattoos ourselves, so we understand what it’s like to have a tattoo that we might regret!
Our care for customer satisfaction teamed with an honest and down-to-earth service makes Tailored Tattoo Removal the right choice to fix your wrong choice!
How many sessions of laser tattoo removal will I need?
The answer to this question is not exactly clear-cut, and is dependent on four major factors:
- The size of the tattoo
- The colour and density of the ink
- Your skin type
- Its location on your body
Generally, many clients require anywhere between 4 and 10 sessions to remove a tattoo, but it’s completely subjective.
Some clients see astounding results after just one session, while others require more sessions to gradually fade, and eventually remove, their tattoo.
Come in for a FREE consult where we’ll be able to assess the magnitude of your tattoo and help you understand the removal process.
During this no-strings chat, we’ll also provide an estimate of the number of sessions you need as well as the costs involved.
How frequent will my sessions be?
We’ll space your laser tattoo removal sessions no less than 6-8 weeks apart, to not only give your skin the chance to heal in between, but to get the best results from each treatment.
It’s important that during this time, you take care of the affected skin:
- Avoid heat for up to 48 hours following treatment (hot showers, saunas, and even exercise etc.)
- No sun exposure for two weeks before and after your treatment
- Use 30+SPF sunscreen and cover your skin with protective clothing between sessions
- We recommend a post-laser cream to soothe your skin following treatments
- Itching, blistering, and sensitivity is common, but it’s important you do not pick or scratch at the area as your skin heals.
Preparing for laser tattoo removal
Just as important as the actual treatment is how you prepare your skin before your first session.
There are a few simple yet important precautions you should follow:
- Avoid sun exposure for up to 2 weeks before your first session
- Use high-quality sunscreen at all times
- Do not use any self-tanning products leading up to your session
- Have a proper meal and ensure you’re well-hydrated before your treatment
- Avoid creams, perfumes, and lotions on the skin that’s going to be treated
- Wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothing that’s easy to take on and off
- If you smoke, consider quitting: smoking slows down your body’s healing
Does laser tattoo removal hurt?
Everyone’s pain tolerances are different, but the general consensus is that laser tattoo removal is not painful, but simply uncomfortable. It can be described as similar to the sensation of snapping a rubber band against the skin.
During your treatment our experts use their laser along with a medical-grade cooling machine. Think of it as a little puff of cool air immediately after each laser “zap” that helps to instantly relieve any pain or discomfort.
Tattoo removal before cover up
Tattoo removal is not only performed when you simply want to get rid of an old tattoo; it’s often a critical step before tattoo cover up.
In these cases, you may require fewer sessions as we sometimes only need to lighten up the tattoo rather than remove it, when preparing for cover up.
What is tattoo removal “frosting”?
If you’ve been considering tattoo removal, you’ve probably done some initial research and looked at many before and after photos.
What you might notice time and time again are some “after” photos with a distinctive white bubbling of the skin.
What is it, and why does your skin do this?
This sensation is called “frosting”, and while it can look strange, is a totally normal effect that immediately follows a session of laser tattoo removal.
It usually lasts for 10-20 minutes following treatment, and is your skin’s natural reaction to laser.
In fact, some people say it’s a great sign that the laser has indeed penetrated the skin and is eliminating dyes, and will therefore result in successful tattoo removal!